The Association of Chinese Professors of Social Sciences in the U. S. (ACPSS)
The 21st ACPSS International Conference
In Collaboration with Confucius Institute at University of North Florida
October 23-25, 2015
University of North Florida,
Jacksonville, Florida, U.S.A.
Theme: Cultural Exchange and Globalization 《文化交流与全球化》
The world today faces mounting challenges from deepening globalization and cultural conflicts. Enhancing cultural exchanges and understanding people from different countries becomes more and more important to the advancement of civilization and the progress of society. For the purpose of promoting cross-cultural exchange and cooperation, cultivating talents with global visions, and enhancing the harmonious advancement of peoples in the world, the conference invites panel proposals and research papers that address emerging cultural issues and related topics pertaining to China’s sustainable development from the perspective of humanities and social sciences.
Suggested (but not limited to) Conference Topics:
- Issues and prospects of China’s cultural reform and development
- Political, economic, and social development: government, law, society, communities and social groups
- Chinese culture in the world community and civilization: interaction, integration, conflict, and evolution
- Inter-cultural communication and globalization: new media and technology, social impact, and future development
- Chinese language teaching, Chinese literature and art, and the “going-out” of Chinese culture
- Confucius Institute and cultural exchanges: intention, practice, perception, and challenge
- Confucianism, cultural traditions, and modern China
- Urban and rural cultural development: current status, development trends, and implications
- 9. Educational reform and Chinese cultural heritage
- 10. Political, philosophical, social, and historical views on cultural exchanges
Conference Registration Fees:
ACPSS member with paper: $150
Non-ACPSS member with paper: $220
Student with paper: $80
Attendance with no paper: $240
To become an ACPSS member, or to renew your ACPSS membership, please visit our website at www.acpssus.org and download the application form. Membership fees are:
One-year membership: $50
Two-year membership: $80
Three-year membership: $100
Five-year membership: $150
Life-time membership: $300
If you are not an ACPSS member yet, you may choose to attend the conference as a non-ACPSS member with paper and pay $220 or to send your one year membership fee ($50) along with your conference registration fee ($150) to ACPSS treasurer at the following address: Dr. Yunqiu Zhang, 210 Heritage Creek Way, Greensboro, NC 27405. Conference hotel information will be provided online at www.acpssus.org and via email to those whose papers are accepted for presentation.
University of North Florida
The University of North Florida is located in Jacksonville, Fla., USA. Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida and is located in the northeast corner of the state. Jacksonville represents a diversified population, with jobs in transportation, financial services, the military, education, health services and tourism. The Jacksonville Beaches communities are along the adjacent Atlantic coast. The area was originally inhabited by the Timucua people, and in 1564 was the site of the French colony of Fort Caroline, one of the earliest European settlements in what is now the continental United States. The University is ranked No. 10 nationally for short-term study-abroad programs and No. 19 nationwide for international student mobility. U.S. News & World Report named UNF a Best Regional College, and on its 2013 list of Best Graduate Schools. The Princeton Review named UNF a best value college and a Best College in the Southeast for the fifth straight year.